IN Partnership with Hack REactor
Code Ramp is a front-end web development course for Detroiters interested in learning to code. During 6 weeks of intense coding education, mentorship and entrepreneurship training, this part-time course takes beginners from "I don't know what coding is" to "I know the basics and feel like I have a future in the field."
COMING SOON @ Bamboo Detroit
Our curriculum was created and tested by Hack Reactor, is utilized by over 10 organizations nationwide, and has been proven to help students achieve proficiency in introductory coding concepts. Over the course of the program students will become proficient in the following languages and tools:
- Understanding Hardware, OS, applications, data, and the file system
- Terminal Basics
- CSS Styling & Positioning
- Git Fundamentals
- JS Fundamentals
- Advanced HTML
- Using Chrome Developer Tools
- Job Skills & Portfolio Building
- Using Google Maps, Stripe, Soundcloud & other 3rd party API's
- Brief Introduction to using Backend-as-a-Service
After completing Code Ramp, students will be prepared to:
- Build Basic Websites and Web Applications
- Understand and Implement Basic Scripting & Programming Concepts
- Execute Freelance Web Development and Maintenance Projects
- Serve as Teaching Assistants for Future Introductory Courses
- Pursue Advanced Coding Education as Autonomous, Self-Directed Learners
Tuition for Code Ramp is $1,000, with a $150 deposit required to hold your seat in the course. This deposit goes toward your full course tuition.
As an organization aiming to make tech education accessible for all Detroiters, we are committed to offering our courses a price-point that is affordable. For that reason, we also provide payment plan options that allow students to pay their tuition in installments.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our tuition payment options.
JOIN CODE RAMP!
Interested in joining our next Code Ramp course? Apply today!